Battle of Plattsburg MO.
Re-enactment & Living History
Weekend of April 26-27, 2014
Local Civil War history will be brought to life on the weekend of April 26-27, 2014 at Perkins Park in historic Plattsburg Missouri. Come and watch as authentically dressed Re-enactors and Living Historians take up arms and attempt to re-create the 1864 battle of Plattsburg. This event is free to the public and is being held to commemorate the 150th Anniversary of the Battle of Plattsburg Missouri. This event is being sponsored by the 1864 Battle of Plattsburg Committee.
Saturday - April 26th, 2014
- Morning (none Spectator) Tactical
- Re-enactment of original 1864 Battle
- Living History & authentic Civil War era camps
- 19th Century era military drills & Manuvers
- Confederate flag presentation Ceremony
- Memorial Cermony for Captain Turney at local Cemetary.
- Period Sutlers
- Period Civil War Dance (indoor Location)
Sunday - April 27th, 2014
- Period Church Service
- 1864 Battle of Platsburg ( What If )???
- Living History & Authentic Civil War Camps
- 19th Century era military drills & manuvers
- Period Sutlers
- 1st Person & Living History Contest
- Civil War era drill contest
- Recruiting Rally (both North & South)
Free to the Public - Make plans to attend
& watch as local Civil War history is brought to
This event is being done for the preservation of history, the honoring of those who fought, and to share local history with all those who are interested. To give a glimpse of an often overlooked & forgotten battle.
Notice to Participating Re-enactors
The Re-enactor Cordinator is James Crofutt. For more information, questions, or further information contact him at Mib730usv@hotmail.com
Or write to - P.O. Box 8092 - St. Joseph MO. 64508
This page authorized by the battle of Plattsburg Commitee & donated by CROFUTT Web designs.